HTML and CSS – two separate yet intertwined standards. They represent the separation of content and styling. This works well if you understand both as a content administrator or designer, but when you’re a content contributor you need to deal with both, often with little understanding of either. You just know you want your content to be great and to look good and therein lies the challenge. Add image assets or complex content like floating DIVs, tables or even equations into the mix and you can find yourself in a mess very quickly.
As a content editor, like it or not, you’ll need to work with both HTML and CSS to create content. So our approach with EditLive! is to make this process as simple as possible, while still enabling you to create great looking content that’s consistent throughout the site. Here are some of the ways that EditLive! enables you to do this.
- Ensures Consistent Styling Throughout the Site – A new site looks best on the day it’s released. The designers have designed, the authors have authored and your site is new and beautiful. But then, as more content is created and things change the site decays. But it doesn’t have to. EditLive! can ensure content editors use consistent styling throughout the site. By configuring EditLive! with your stylesheet and removing inline styling options like font and colour selection you can empower authors to create great content that is consistent with the rest of your site.
- Allow Formatting Freedom – Conversely if you want to formatting freedom for content editing EditLive! offers that too. Fonts, font size, colors, floating DIVs, complex tables and more are all available through EditLive!. With these capabilities content editors have free reign with the formatting they can apply to content. This can be very useful for power users, or for internal content on wikis, emails or other documents. EditLive!’s configuration enables administrators to enable as much or as little functionality as they like.
- Built-In Image Editing – Resize, crop, rotate, flip and edit images quickly and easily with EditLive!. Using EditLive!’s built in image editor means that users no longer have to download images to the desktop to edit them. Images are edited as an integrated part of your web content and EditLive! takes care of uploading the image once your edits are complete.
- Design Reusable Content Templates – With EditLive!’s templating functionality you can design and create reusable templates for use throughout your site. Site designers can create great looking templates with HTML and CSS and content editors can then use them within their content without any knowledge of the underlying code. Creating content that looks as if it has been created by a professional designer.
- Uses CSS Instead of Deprecated HTML – EditLive! automatically uses modern CSS styling instead of deprecated HTML attributes to affect styling and layout within content. Users never need to deal with the complexity of competing standards and designers and administrators are assured that all the markup is consistent and compliant with modern web standards.
- Handles Complex Content Including Equations – EditLive! makes content editing simple for even the most complex designs. It supports working with DIVs, tables, images and even mathematical equations to ensure that no matter how simple or complex your content is it can be created within EditLive!.
EditLive! is a writing tool for content editors. It simplifies the complex interrelationships between content and styling in web content. Whether you’re a designer, administrator or content editor EditLive! enables you to ensure that your web site looks fantastic with consistently excellent styling.
For more information about EditLive!’s HTML editing software, please try our demo, contact us online or call 1-888-797-8896 today.