When creating web-based and desktop applications, developers want the latest support for social media, HTML5, and WCAG 2.0. You also want APIs that offer a more flexible user interface that dramatically improves the user experience.
That’s why the ninth release of the EditLive! HTML editor is all that, and more.
Here’s 9 reasons why you’re going to love EditLive! 9:
- It’s (social) rich. Now your non-technical authors can easily repurpose content and integrate it onto your web content – in just a few clicks. Using the power of open standards (e.g., oEmbed), EditLive! 9 enables out-of-the-box access to popular video, audio, rich media and photo services like YouTube, Spotify, Google Maps and Instagram. And, if you subscribe to Embed.ly, you can access 250+ different new media services.
- It’s the new standard. EditLive! 9 delivers the best HTML5 and WCAG 2.0 support of any rich text editor, ensuring your content is accessible and ready today and tomorrow.
- It’s customizable. The new APIs and in-place editing options give you the ability to create a seamless authoring experience that your content authors will LOVE. And, with our Page Width preview rendering, content authors can see what their content will look like when it is viewed on smart phones and tablets. Custom widths also enable you to see what content will look like within any grid layout.
- It’s stylish. If you want to make your complex stylesheet usable, then the new styling features of EditLive! 9 can take care of the hard work so that you don’t have to. Built on EditLive!’s existing context sensitive styling features the new functionality makes it easier than ever before to create content with elegance, panache and all out style.
- It’s well designed. EditLive! 9 feels even more effortless than ever before. It has a new lightweight user interface, floating toolbars and rock solid editing that just works.
- It’s fast. EditLive! 9 delivers a fast editing experience without compromising on functionality. There’s no need to eliminate dialogs or turn off spell check-as-you-type. And, EditLive! loads in an instant with all the functionality of a desktop word processor.
- It’s accessible. Your content authors get the latest WCAG 2.0 accessibility as-you-type advice and reporting. This ensures content is accessible for the widest possible audience and complies with the latest international guidelines.
- It’s flexible. As a developer, it’s your job to integrate the EditLive! rich text editor within another piece of software, so you’ll love the increased flexibility. Choose from an a la carte set of UI options to fit it into your UI seamlessly, and easily change menus depending on your branding style sheets.
- It’s easy to demo! If you want to take a look for yourself, feel free to download EditLive! 9 today.
For a more detailed description of new features and capabilities, continue to read the Ephox Blog or visit the EditLive! 9 product pages.