Wow. IBM Connect 2014 is here, and the Ephox team has great news to share! Early in the week IBM and Ephox expanded their licensing agreement to include IBM Connections and IBM Web Content Manager. Now, both IBM software products will contain the out-of-the-box Ephox editor, EditLive!.
So, just what does this mean?
The previous licensing agreement provided users of IBM Web Content Manager access to the basic functionality of Ephox’s WYSIWYG editor. With the expanded license, users of IBM Connections and IBM Web Content Manager now have access to enterprise-edition functionality, including image editing, accessibility checking, track changes and more.
“Users of IBM’s software create content for websites, extranets, intranets, wikis, blogs, profiles, forums or activities and Ephox’s editor improves the Web production process and quality of that content,” said CEO Andrew Roberts, Ephox. “Ephox’s editor is an advanced ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ (WYSIWYG) editor. It is designed to remove frustration and increase user adoption. Content authors can work more autonomously, without having to rely on IT departments to edit code or reformat images, tables and links.”
Within IBM Connections and IBM Web Content Manager, Ephox’s editor benefits users with these time-saving features:
- Clean copy and paste from Microsoft Office or a web browser
- Inline spell checking as-you-type, with alternatives and synonyms
- Embedding of social media links
- Image import and editing
- Accessibility compliance checking as-you-type
- Table import and formatting
- Track changes and commenting
- Hyperlink checking
- Content templates
And, wait… there’s even more good news!
The newly expanded agreement also means that Ephox’s content-reporting and analytics software, WebRadar, will now be integrated with IBM Web Content Manager.
Using WebRadar, IBM’s customers can automate content reports and use analytics to improve the Web content production process, saving administrators and content authors thousands of hours of re-work.
Here’s what to expect from Ephox at Connect 2014:
- Join us at our booth (425) to chat with your friends at Ephox and see just how end users can “Energize Content Creation” and make the best use of their IBM software through the use of Ephox’s content-editing and analytical reporting solutions.
- Come hear us present. On Jan. 28 at 5:30 p.m. in the Swan-Toucan 1 & 2, Andrew Roberts and Damien Fitzpatrick will explain how to “Boldly Go Where No IBM Content Editor/Author Has Gone Before.”
- Register to win an iPad Air tablet at our booth and during our speaking presentation on Jan. 28 – no strings attached!’
- See a sneak peak of the next generation Ephox editor.
- Learn how to integrate the Ephox editor, EditLive!, into IBM Connections, Web Content Manager and Domino/XPages.
We’re excited to see our clients, IBM Business Partners and colleagues at IBM Connect 2014.
Hope to see you at booth 425!