Ephox editors are included in IBM Connections 5.5 entitlements and in my opinion have great features that make installing Textbox.io and EditLive! an easy decision.
Some days ago IBM released a new build (188.8.131.52) via IBM Fixcentral that includes new features, like Microsoft Edge support, along with improvements and some bug fixes. Here’s a summary of the update highlights:
- Images uploaded by EditLive! in Forums are now uploaded to the Forums storage rather than to Files
- Integration of Textbox.io into Connections
- Java 8 support for EditLive
- Image upload failures now display more meaningful error messages
- Added image upload failure message handling for an error uploading in Forums
- Added logDownload setting to control whether
logDownload="false"is added to the end of image URLs uploaded by EditLive.
Improvements & bug fixes
There were also a number of bug fixes in the release that addressed some edge use cases as well as improvements to functionality such as @mentions.
- Textbox.io version upgraded to 1.3.2, Microsoft Edge now supported
- Reduced size of “lite” Textbox.io editor
- Added “spellingServiceEnabled” configuration item, to permit enabling/disabling the spelling service
- Improved activities attachment deletion behavior
- Improved “!#” handling to handle multiple links within a single content item
- @mentions fixes, notably around the handling of empty @mentions links
- Spelling service caused problems for Textbox.io when there was no port in the URL
- Error uploading images in some Community pages
- ACL functionality for @mentions
- EditLive! could get stuck in background mode (“freeze”)
- Renamed editlive.css to ephox.css
- Updated @mentions profile search URL
- A function call was incompatible with Internet Explorer 8
- A function call was incompatible with Internet Explorer 7
- New Activities to-do items had an incorrect title
- Changed EditLive! upload behaviour to stop “editlive” tag being attached to Files images
- Autosave in wikis was moving the caret. This fix prevents the caret moving in most instances, except when the Table of Contents macro is used
- Altered URL encoding behaviour to prevent URL encoding of “!#”, which was causing incorrect behaviours in certain scenarios
- CSS fix to prevent editor overlapping pop up menus in homepage
- Removed filtering of existing incomplete @mentions.
To verify the Ephox editors currently installed on your server check the following URL:
If everything is installed correctly you should obtain this response:
Ephox Editors for IBM Connections has been successfully installed. This is release 184.108.40.206 The EditLive! version in this release is 220.127.116.114. The Textbox.io version in this release is 18.104.22.168.